Group Life Insurance
As an employer, you know that taking care of your employees and their families is the right thing to do, especially in the case of an employee’s death. Group life insurance coverage offers an effective, low-cost way for you to protect your workers’ families and their assets.
Whether you run a small business, a large company, a non-profit organization or an association, group life insurance provides coverage for enrollees by paying a benefit to the their beneficiaries upon death.
Group life policies spread risk across a wider pool of enrollees, leading to lower costs for employers and employees. When an employee experiences an untimely death, group life benefits may be used by the deceased’s family to:
- Cover daily living expenses
- Replace lost income
- Fund dependents’ education
- Pay off household debt
- Supplement retirement savings
But group life insurance offers benefits to employers, as well. Not only does group life coverage contribute to a comprehensive benefit package that attracts employees, group life may also:
- Increase employee retention, reduce turn-over rates, decrease your hiring and training costs
- Be tax deductible (to the extent allowed by law)
- Increase employee morale and loyalty