Discover the Pacific Unified Advantage in Business Insurance and Personal Insurance

For over 90 years, we have been protecting our customers from the unexpected. Whether it is business or personal, you can feel protected with us. Not only do we help protect businesses, families and individuals with their insurance needs, we help our community. Giving back to the community that supports us is a something we value very highly!

Latest Post

It's Fire Season in LA - How You Can Help Prevent Home Fires

Fire safetyDisaster-level fires like the Blue Cut Fire and Pilot Fire in Southern California have shown us that anyone can become a victim of a house fire. However, there are certain things you can do to prevent a fire from starting within your home. While it would be impossible to cover every fire prevention measure, we’ve gathered a few tips that you will certainly want to follow. It is also good to speak with your local firefighters as they will be glad to give you some solid advice on fire prevention tips and safety. So, let's take a quick look at some important but simple steps you can take to help prevent a fire from starting in your home or apartment.

Kitchen Fire Safety

  • Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking over an open flame (frying, grilling and broiling for example). If you are baking or boiling, don’t leave your home with the oven or stove still hot.
  • Make sure your sleeves are close fitting or rolled tightly while cooking.
  • Don’t cook when you are sleepy or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medications.
  • Keep kids out of the kitchen, unless they are actively helping you under your supervision.

Smoking Safety

  • If you smoke, smoke outside. This can prevent many smoking-related fires.
  • Make sure all cigarettes and ashes are out and check for loose cigarette butts.
  • Never smoke in a home where oxygen is used. Oxygen is explosive and can make a fire burn extra hot.
  • Do not smoke in bed or if you are sleepy. You may make unsafe choices.

Electrical Fire Safety

  • Frayed wires are a severe fire hazard. Replace all frayed cords or get rid of the electrical appliance.
  • Buy electrical products that have been tested by UL or other nationally recognized labs.
  • If an appliance has a three prong plug, use a three prong outlet—not an adapter.
  • Use extension cords wisely and don’t overload sockets.
  • Make sure wires are arranged so that they are not a trip hazard. Pulling down an electrical appliance could start a fire.
  • If your lights flicker when turning off and on, immediately shut them off and have them professional replaced.
  • Turn off electricity at the source before working on any appliance or any other electrical item in the home.

Children Fire Safety

  • Teach kids that fire is a tool, not a toy.
  • Make sure your children know not to pick up matches or lighters if they find them—but instead that you are informed.
  • Never leave children alone near stoves or candles.
  • Choose fire-safe bedding and sleepwear for your children, to protect them in the case of a fire.
If you want more information about preventing a house fire and protecting your family from fire, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Pacific Unified Insurance. Our home insurance agents are here to make sure you are protected from fire, flood and other dangers. We look forward to working with you.

Continue Reading…

We’re always looking for ways to educate consumers about perils in their daily life. Check out our Blog to see how you can stay better protected!

View All Blog Entries

Featured Team Member

Featured Team Member

David Leahy


Born and raised in Southern California, Dave was educated at Loyola High School and Arizona State University. After graduation, he founded two successful restaurants in Arizona, eventually selling them to move back to California. He began his insurance career working for…

Read More About Dave Here


Our History

We have been in business for over 90 years. Over that time, we have had a lot of great clients and some even better stories!

We are currently licensed in over 20 states.

CALIFORNIA License #0B29373

We Support Our Community

Commercial Insurance

As a business owner, you have enough to worry about without having to think about whether or not you are properly covered. Find out more...
Personal Insurance

Do you have the right coverage for you family if a disaster strikes? As an independent agent, we ensure you have what you need when you need it. Find out more...